Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Problem with Sample-Prog of OCCI
Problem with Sample-Prog of OCCI [message #94078] Tue, 06 January 2004 01:37 Go to next message
NewToOCCI
Hi,

I've been writing a cross-plattform program lately. Now I want to extend that program with a database-connection to oracle. My program is mostly running on Windows- or Solaris-machines. Now the program just runs fine.

I have to say, I never wrote a program with database-connection before. Except of some times in Borland C++ Builder with ADO. But that wasn't nearly that complicated.

I've been looking for a way to connect to an Oracle-Database out of a C++-Program. This Oracle-Connection should work under Windows and Solaris. I found OCCI the best way to do so. Hopefully that's right. Any better suggestions would be really appreciated.

My Problem is now, that when I try to compile a program which uses OCCI-Classes, -Functions or whatever, I keep getting the following error message:

[[Linker error]] undefined reference to `oracle::occi::Environment::createEnvironment(oracle::occi::Environment::Mode, void*, void* (*)(void*, unsigned), void* (*)(void*, void*, unsigned), void (*)(void*, void*))'

This message comes up for everything I use out of the OCCI-Library. I included the path where occi.h is saved. I also included the lib-Files (oraocci9.lib, ...). But I keep getting these error messages.

Any kind of help would really be appreciated (again).

Thanks in advance.
Re: Problem with Sample-Prog of OCCI [message #94115 is a reply to message #94078] Thu, 04 March 2004 21:24 Go to previous message
NotNewToOCCI
Hi there,

well that's a known problem with OCCI-Library. I guess you are using g++ v3.x.

There are quiet a few posts about that problem on the Oracle-OCCI-Forum. (otn.oracle.com -> Forums -> Products -> Databases -> Oracle C++ Call Interface)

Here is a link to post describing very well how most people feel about that problem:
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jsp?forum=168&thread=226371&tstart=15&trange=15

If you are able to do so, you can use gcc v2.95.3. That works fine with me.

Otherwise you can search the Oracle-OCCI-Forum for the word "link" and you will find a lot posts.

Hope that helps.
Previous Topic: pro *c downloads
Next Topic: Problems with OCI when receiving structures
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:42:26 CDT 2024