Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Pb with proC compiling
Pb with proC compiling [message #93518] Thu, 25 April 2002 06:12 Go to next message
Laurent
Hi,
It is a simple Pb I guess ( a matter of precomp configuration file).
We have proC file that are well generated on HPUX 10.20 an 11.00 with oracle 7.3.4 and 8.1.6.
When i want to compile on Linux RedHat 2.4.7 with Oracle 9i the proc doesn't recognize the host C variable and stop.
For example:
{
int toto=0 ;
EXEC SQL
select list_of_columns from my_table
where my_column = :toto
END-EXEC
}
The problem seems to be resolved if i put my C variable "toto" in a DECLARE SECTION like this:
EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION ;
int toto ;
EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION ;
Must I rewrite the whole code or (i hope) is there an option that will save me ?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Pb with proC compiling [message #93523 is a reply to message #93518] Thu, 02 May 2002 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ravi
Hi,

I am also facing the same problem. I have installed 9i on XP (home edition). I am trying to compile the sample pgm supplied with oracle package. It gives me error at hostvariable part of the sql.

If you get the solution pls let me know.

thanks
Ravi
Re: Pb with proC compiling [message #93753 is a reply to message #93523] Thu, 19 December 2002 09:12 Go to previous message
Karthik Durai
Hi,
I am also facing the same problem. But it is vice versa. Proc* is genareting .c file which is compatible with GNU stds ( and not compatible with Ansi Stds). When i convert this to .o file by using GNU compiler it is working fine, but it is giving error when i compile the .c code with Ansi C Compiler.
So How how to make this with Ansi C compatible code

Karthik
Previous Topic: connectivity in c++ and oracle
Next Topic: Extracting Region name from Timestamp with Timezone (TSZ)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 06:39:42 CDT 2024