Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Screen is blinking,if being invoked from a perticular form,HELP NEEDED
Screen is blinking,if being invoked from a perticular form,HELP NEEDED [message #85198] Tue, 08 June 2004 23:13 Go to next message
ashish
Hi all,

I have created a timer in the When-New-Record-Instance in one of the form(say "frm1") of my application, That timer repeats after expiring and it fetches a perticular value from database and always display that database value in one of display(non database) item in the "frm1". It expires in the fraction of second,so that it can keep the correct value every time,

Now the problem comes when i invoke another form, from that form , as the "frm1" is open (and hidden behind the form which is being invoked) , timer fires in each fraction of second and the focus goes into the "frm1" again and again after fraction of second it fires, it queries the perticular value and assigns it to a item of "frm1"(this value changes for each record of "frm1"), and then newly invoked screen starts blinking , because focus moves back and forth between "frm1" and newly invoked screen.

What i have done uptil now to resolve it

1. I tried to delete the timer when ever the "frm1" is not the current form,i wrote this condiotion in When-timer-expired trigger, but condition alwys yeilds true because when ever When-Timer-Expired trigger fires the current form will be always "Frm1".and timer never gets deleted, and after invoking other screen even though the "frm1" is hidden behind the new screen timer keep on running and thus it moves the focus in beween "frm1" and new form and it starts blinking.

2.I tried to delete the timer in post-form trigger, but it fires only when we exit the form , it does not when we change the focus to some other form.

3. Then i tried to write in When-window-deactivated and wrote the built-in to delete the timer,but alwys blinking starts before fring of this trigger(as the timer is getting expired very frequently)

4. I also tried When-form-nevigate trigger but all in vain

It may happen that i am not able to use one of the above trigger in apropriate manner.

Please help me

if still i am not able to explain you this problem, i am ready to explain it again,

Ashish

Re: Screen is blinking,if being invoked from a perticular form,HELP NEEDED [message #85219 is a reply to message #85198] Wed, 09 June 2004 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
Try adding a Code where you are assigning value that if :Block.Item<>Get_database_value(ITEM) then only assign value to that feild.
I hope that the value of your column does not chnages in DB every millisecond.
So when you are calling the other form from your Button this will give you enough time to delete the timer.

HTH

Regards
Himanshu
Re: Screen is blinking,if being invoked from a perticular form,HELP NEEDED [message #85224 is a reply to message #85219] Thu, 10 June 2004 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashish
Thank you very much Mr. Himanshu, for this response

could you please read these few points.

1. The item in which i am fetching the value through timer is a NON-DATABASE item and kept as a DISPLAY item on the screen.

2.I am invoking other form through the main menu( i can invoke all forms of the application and which ever form i invoke that starts blinking)

3.I want to delete the the timer while i am invoking the other form but timer bult-ins does not fire in the nevigationl triggers.

4. But any how, by some means i can check the value which is being assigend to the item, and contol over the assignment of value in that perticular item (means when to assign and when not to), But even if i will not asign the value timer will keep on firing(though it will not do any thing after expiration but still it will fire, agian get expired and agin get fired..)
any how i have to delete the tiemr, and with condition that it should be recreated when ever that perticular screen again get focus.

Could you please look itnto it

Ashish
Re: Screen is blinking,if being invoked from a perticular form,HELP NEEDED [message #85227 is a reply to message #85224] Thu, 10 June 2004 02:49 Go to previous message
Himanshu
Hi,
Here is something which I have tried out.
I have a Form which has Timer Populate_Items which performs a function of Populating a complete Detail block with Multiple rows based upon some criteria.

Now I created a Button in this form which calls another Form using CALL_FORM.
In when-button-pressed I wrote following Code:

Declare
L_Up_Ind Number := 0;
L_Timer Timer;
L_sec NUMBER(5):= 1;
Begin
delete_timer('Populate_Items');
Call_Form('ALSU0040', HIDE, DO_REPLACE, NO_QUERY_ONLY);

L_Timer:= Find_Timer(Timer_Name);
IF Id_Null(L_Timer) THEN
Message('111111');pause;
L_Timer := CREATE_TIMER('Populate_Items',L_sec,REPEAT);
ELSE
Message('2222222');pause;
null;
END IF;
END;

I am not sure how your application is working but I think this might help you.

Are you making use of OPEN_FORM to call your Forms?

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Previous Topic: Developer6i - Forms
Next Topic: *Stoping alert 'Do you want to save the changes you have made? How to ?'*
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 14:38:50 CDT 2024