Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » change the default message while pressing F2
change the default message while pressing F2 [message #85171] Mon, 07 June 2004 05:13 Go to next message
domingo
On pressing F2 in a form we go to query mode(if it has database block) and the default message "enter query ; F5 to execute ; F4 to exit " appears

My problem is that I want some other message like "enter name "

while user presses F2 to query the form .

how to do it?

please help as soon as possible .

Its urgent

I shall be highly grateful.

regards

domingo
Re: change the default message while pressing F2 [message #85172 is a reply to message #85171] Mon, 07 June 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnetic
i havent tried out but i can give you some hints to probably solve it.

try to change the system message level (see forms help F1 about system.message_level)
while changing the level, try to enter query with f2 and see if you still see the message at bottom of window.
keep changing the level till you dont see the message.
if you succeed, you put message('enter name'); e.g. in enter-query-trigger to show youre message at the console window.

thats all.
Re: change the default message while pressing F2 [message #85176 is a reply to message #85172] Mon, 07 June 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tak Tang
Well, I've not tried to suppress that particular message, but you could try using an on-message trigger to catch it.

Takmeister
Re: change the default message while pressing F2 [message #85188 is a reply to message #85171] Mon, 07 June 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
All thse message are stored in FMFUS.MSB(If NLS language is American) else in similar sort of files named FMXXXX.MSB, so you cannot change them.

To overcome your problem simply put whatever mesage you need to add Just before the Statement ENTER_QUERY in your Key-entqry trigger.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: change the default message while pressing F2 [message #85204 is a reply to message #85188] Wed, 09 June 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domingo
sorry himanshu
the solution u gave is not working i wrote set_item_property('item name',hint_text,'desired message');
enter_query;
in key-ENTqry trigger
but its not working
regards
domingo
Re: change the default message while pressing F2 [message #85223 is a reply to message #85204] Wed, 09 June 2004 23:38 Go to previous message
Himanshu
Domingo,
I asked you to write a Message text and not to set the Hint property.
You simply need to write:
Begin
Message('Please enter Empid',No_Acknowledge);
Enter_query;
End;

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Previous Topic: design of birthday reminder/ Oracle to mail client :
Next Topic: Developer6i - Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 15:30:27 CDT 2024