Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » RADIO BUTTONS + values
RADIO BUTTONS + values [message #84929] Wed, 12 May 2004 12:03 Go to next message
q__
Hello every1,

I'm currently working with Forms Bulder 6 (oracle 9i). I have a database of 5 tables.

Well, I ahve some experience of creating LOVs, alert trigers etc. But I need to do some specific thing. I'll give you an example:

I have created a form, where I can see values of players nicks and points: see screenshot at www.supra.projektas.lt/sql/1.jpg

And nearby I have two radio buttons (in one group of course). I wanna, that once I click on the first button, I could see the player, which gathered 100 points; once I clicked the second button - the player which collected 113 points.

I tried writing script in triger NEW-ITEM-INSTACE but it didn't work. If somebody could help, it would be very very nice of you.

Sincerely,

A.
Re: RADIO BUTTONS + values [message #84933 is a reply to message #84929] Thu, 13 May 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
Make a Trigger When-Radio-changed on your Radio group
& write your code there.
It will do the required task for you.

Regards
Himanshu
Re: RADIO BUTTONS + values [message #84944 is a reply to message #84933] Thu, 13 May 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
q__
Hi Himanshu!

Thanks very much for the help, but can you help a little more? :)

My code is:
------------
begin
select nick, points
into :players.nick, :players.points
from players
where nick = :players.nick and where points=113;
end;
-------------
Nick - players nicks (column)
points - column
players - table

I have an error, that says, that players must be declared. Damn, that is a table... :/

And I doubt about the :players.nick statment, 'cause I don't get what its logical meaning is.

Please help me, I have two days until my project presentation day.

Sincerely,
Andrius
Re: RADIO BUTTONS + values [message #84945 is a reply to message #84944] Thu, 13 May 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
q__
Correction. The line:
where nick = :players.nick and where points=113;

Should be:
where nick = :players.nick and points=113;

But this is no way of soluting the problem :(

A.
Re: RADIO BUTTONS + values [message #84946 is a reply to message #84945] Thu, 13 May 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Andrius,
I do not understand that how come you are selecting value in :players.nick and using it in Where clause also.
Please explain your requirment.

Secondly if you are getting an error PLAYERS must be declared then check if the user from which your are executing your form has GRANT of Select,Update etc. on this table.

If not then this error will persist.

If you are still not able to resolve then send your table structure and your Form to me, i'll try to resolve your problem.

My mail id is himan_bharadwaj@hotmail.com.

Right now I am leaving office,I'll look into this matter tomorrow if you send me your code.

regards
Himanshu
Re: RADIO BUTTONS + values [message #85030 is a reply to message #84929] Mon, 24 May 2004 03:57 Go to previous message
Anupam
u can use when-radio-changed trigger
Previous Topic: MDI Forms
Next Topic: Suddenly trigger gives 06502 error and message() ; will remove this
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 15:34:53 CDT 2024