Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Store, Retrieve, and Display image on Form.
Store, Retrieve, and Display image on Form. [message #79185] Mon, 13 May 2002 08:53 Go to next message
Kelly
Hi there,

I'm quite new for Oracle from. I want my user to be able to store images in a database, retrieve images from the database, and display on my forms. Which is the easiest way to do that? I try to find sample code but couldn't find any. I want sample codes coz I try some but not work.

Thanks,
Kelly
Re: Store, Retrieve, and Display image on Form. [message #79206 is a reply to message #79185] Wed, 15 May 2002 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rama krishna
hi.
try using read_image_file to read image into an image item and say commit_form to save it to the database.
and use execute_query to retreive it from database......

cheers
ram
Re: Store, Retrieve, and Display image on Form. [message #79215 is a reply to message #79206] Wed, 15 May 2002 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kelly
Thank you. I can save pictures into my database by using form_commit command. Now I have a problem to write SQL command to retrieve images from my database and display in image item on my form because I use LOV to allow my user to select a pic to display according to its number. (if possible please advise me how to write SQL to update pics. I'm now using ORDimage. However if there is another easier way to work with image, i'm glad to try)

Kelly,
Re: Store, Retrieve, and Display image on Form. [message #81381 is a reply to message #79185] Wed, 12 February 2003 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ezhilan
I would also like to know
"how to store an image and retrieve it in a form using oracle" using VB
Re: Store, Retrieve, and Display image on Form. [message #84380 is a reply to message #79215] Mon, 08 March 2004 23:10 Go to previous message
Manan
Hi,

How can i store image in oracle?
and How can i retrive it from VB?

Manan
Previous Topic: project on hotel
Next Topic: error regardinf system variable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 12:00:04 CDT 2024