Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Help!
Help! [message #77169] Mon, 11 October 2004 12:38 Go to next message
Jackie
Hi, im currently attempting to do an oracle project for college, title: compare and contrast oracle client/server technologies with oracle web application server technologies, deploy an application in both. I have absolutely no idea where to start. I'm getting a lot of results when i search this but it goes way too in depth too early. i have sql, pl/sql and java experience. Maybe someone could tell me what to research or a good place to start from the beginning. should i be researching rmi, xml etc. all i know at the moment is i have to create an oracle database, which i will connect(somehow) to an application a. over a network and b.over the internet. if someone could clarify this a little bit it would be great.

eternally grateful!!

a silly lost little irish girl!

jackiekell@eircom.net
Re: Help! [message #77170 is a reply to message #77169] Mon, 11 October 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Cupp
Actually, the Application will connect to the DB

You can actually use the same DB, and the application could be front of Client Server (Search Oracle Forms 6i), or Web (Search Oracle Application Server, or build it via Java Servlets).

You could also code the front end in Java, use Clt/Svr Java or Serlets for the web - there are many options -

I'm sure part of the grade is the process/solution you come up with -

M
Re: Help! [message #77179 is a reply to message #77170] Tue, 19 October 2004 13:11 Go to previous message
Jackie
Thanks michael, i appreciate you taking the time to reply to my question
Previous Topic: JSP problem
Next Topic: urgent:oracle 9iAS rel2 post configuration help needed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:19:44 CDT 2024