Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Error while using oracle with dot net
Error while using oracle with dot net [message #76915] Tue, 09 March 2004 02:30 Go to next message
Abhay Khanwalkar
Hi,

I am using oracle as a backend server for my asp.net application. I am working with 2 different databases. I am getting error -ora-02041 "client database did not begin a transaction". I am working with system.data.oracleclient.dll version 1.1.4322.573. I am working with dotnet framework1.1.

Does anybody know the solution or workaround for this.
Re: Error while using oracle with dot net [message #76937 is a reply to message #76915] Mon, 29 March 2004 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David
Hi! i've the same problem.
did u find a solution in this period?
Re: Error while using oracle with dot net [message #76938 is a reply to message #76937] Mon, 29 March 2004 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abhay Khanwalkar
Hi,
We did not found the correct solution, but found a workaround. We removed the dblink from the database and transferred all the tables to one database only.It woks fine with one database.Maybe the current version of oracleclient dll is not supporting distributed transaction.
Try this if you can.
Regards,
Abhay
----- Original
Re: Error while using oracle with dot net [message #76949 is a reply to message #76915] Fri, 02 April 2004 03:26 Go to previous message
chris kinsella
I've been wrestling with the error for a few days now and have finally got around this error.

I'm using ASP.NET 1.1 and the Oracle ODP.NET client (9.2) onto an Oracle 817 database via a DBLink to execute a stored procedure that reads from a table in another instance (no updating)

The fix I found is to try is to add another property to the connectionstring

instead of

"User Id=username;Password=password;Data Source=Instance1;"

try adding the "enlist" property

"User Id=username;Password=password;Data Source=Instance1;enlist=false;"

this tells the provider not to enlist into a transaction I think. I found this in the Oracle Data Provider for .NET Developer Guide 9.2.0.4

Don't know if this will occur with the MS Oracle Provider (System.Data.OLEDB)

Hope this saves someone the hassle I had.
Previous Topic: Using 9iAS, mod_osso with Oracle 8i database ?
Next Topic: PL/SQL web pages using dynamic ssi functionality..possible?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:03:30 CDT 2024