Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » INVALID - oracle 9i AS SSO hostname PLZZZZZZ help
INVALID - oracle 9i AS SSO hostname PLZZZZZZ help [message #76662] Sun, 16 March 2003 12:13 Go to next message
tarun
I installed 9i infrastructure(9.0.2) . After the installation the configuration for 9i infrastructure began itself. All the tools were configured perfectly. There was 1 entry "Start HTTP server" . It failed during configuration.

Now i am trying to install 9i AS portal . But before the installation a screen comes which asks for 2 things:-

1: oracle 9i AS SSO (single sign on) existing hostname.:- Here i am entering "info-viset" . The name that is returned when i run "hostname" command in DOS. I have also tried "info-viset.tarun.com" where tarun.com is the primary DNS suffix but that also doesn't work.!!1
2: It also asks for "oracle 9i AS SSO port number" - Here i have tried "7777" and "1521" but no use.

I am not able to proceed as i get the folowing error on clicking "Next":.

"An error occured while verifying your host and port number. Please verify your host and port number values.
Return value for SSO running function is invalid".

I amtotally stuck.

I shall be extremely thankful if u can help me out.

Regards,
Re: INVALID - oracle 9i AS SSO hostname PLZZZZZZ help [message #76666 is a reply to message #76662] Wed, 19 March 2003 06:45 Go to previous message
Mike Bronowicki
Connect to the Enterprise Manager Website at: info-versit.tarun.com:1810
and try to see what the problem might be. Drill down to your http server and try to restart it. I believe that SSO requires your HTTP server to be working properly and wown't work until then. Good luck.
PS. loging would be ias_admin/password used for Instance manager.
Previous Topic: Oracle9i Infrastructure Installation
Next Topic: deploy cmp ejb to standalone oc4j
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:10:16 CDT 2024