Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Fully Qualified Hostname missing, 9i can't install, plzzzzzz help
Fully Qualified Hostname missing, 9i can't install, plzzzzzz help [message #76656] Tue, 11 March 2003 07:50 Go to next message
tarun
Plz help me with the following problem

I have installed Oracle 9i database (9.2.0.1.0)
Now i am installing Oracle 9i infrastructure ( 9.0.2.0.1) so that i can install 9i AS portal (9.0.2.0.1). But as the installation begins i get the error message .

"Installation has detected that a fully qualified hostname has not been specified for this host. Oracle 9i Infrastructure installation requires that a default domain name to be specified for each host where it is installed . Please consult your operating system instructions for details on assigning a default domain name. If you are not using a DNS server, then the file C:windowssystemdriversetshosts must also include a line of the form

<IP_ADDRESS><FULLY_QUALIFIED_HOSTNAME><ALIASES>

After making these changes please reboot the host and start the installation. "

AS I AM INSTALLING ALL THESE THINGS ON A STANDALONE PC .Please tell me what should i do.
The above specified file in my PC has an entry
127.0.0.1 localhost .

If it worked in your PC this way. Plz send me the contents of your init.ora file and the hosts file(mentioned above).

I am absolutely stuck .Please help..

Thanx a ton in advance
Re: Fully Qualified Hostname missing, 9i can't install, plzzzzzz help [message #76659 is a reply to message #76656] Thu, 13 March 2003 11:37 Go to previous message
Amos
supposing you are a net card,

add an ip address in this file with the qualified name

ex.

192.101.101.3 yourcomputer yourcomputer.yourdom.dom

after making these changes,
try
ping 192.101.101.3
ping yourcomputer
ping yourcomputer.yourdom.dom
Previous Topic: run_product hangs after migration to forms9i
Next Topic: Oracle9i Application Server Installation