Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » photos are stored as .jpg files
photos are stored as .jpg files [message #76501] Mon, 30 September 2002 05:43 Go to next message
Luda James
My Web-based pl/sql appl-n retrieves an information of our users from Oracle DB. I have to show this inform along with user's photo. The user photos are stored as .jpg files on another server. Not every user has the photo. I just specify img src=http..../user_id.jpg where user_id input parameter.
And I need to know if we have certain user photo in advance because I can get empty space instead of image.
How can I find it out.
Thanks.
Re: photos are stored as .jpg files [message #76511 is a reply to message #76501] Fri, 04 October 2002 16:42 Go to previous message
andrew again
Testing for the file's existence at runtime is going to complicate your coding and I guess could slow things down. I would tag a column onto the user table like image_exists_yn varchar2(1) and then update that. Assuming you are on Unix, just do a ls -ltr on the image directory and use that as a basis for generating an update statement to set image_exists_yn to 'Y' or 'N'
Previous Topic: Re: Can Flash link to Oracle Database ?
Next Topic: Net8 and Oracle application server problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:51:34 CDT 2024