Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Creating PDF files in Unix from Oracle forms
Creating PDF files in Unix from Oracle forms [message #76418] Wed, 12 June 2002 19:16 Go to next message
scott
Hi

Can you pls send me the solution for the following requirement.

Currently we are using Oracle Application Server9i on HP-UX11.0 using Developer6i as front end/browser.

1. I woulsd like to create/generate a report in PDF format and store it in a particular directory. This i have tried using HOST. But i am unable to create.

2. Once i create the PDF report, i would like to open from the browser(IE or Netscape). How can i do that.

It is very urgent. I will be looking ahead for your response.

Regds,
Scott
Re: Creating PDF files in Unix from Oracle forms [message #76419 is a reply to message #76418] Wed, 12 June 2002 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rakesh
yaa u can use runproduct builtins with detype parameter. it will create file in any physical directory on web server then u can use web.show_documet built_in to display the document on browser.
ur when button pressed trigger like this

Add_Parameter(pl_id,'DESTYPE',TEXT_PARAMETER,'File');
Add_Parameter(pl_id,'desname',TEXT_PARAMETER,'C:report.pdf');
Add_Parameter(pl_id,'desformat',TEXT_PARAMETER,'pdf');

Run_Product(REPORTS,'file.rdf',SYNCHRONOUS,RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM,PL_ID,NULL);
web.show_document(url/report.pdf,_blank);
Re: Creating PDF files in Unix from Oracle forms [message #77032 is a reply to message #76418] Thu, 08 July 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zoalfokar
hi
can you help me to learn about oracle forms in unix
please send me at above email
thank you
Re: Creating PDF files in Unix from Oracle forms [message #77268 is a reply to message #76418] Wed, 29 December 2004 01:49 Go to previous message
kesava
hi this pdf for unix material
Previous Topic: HELP KEYS
Next Topic: Java exception in fndewt.jar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:11:23 CDT 2024