Home » Server Options » Spatial » spatial query in loop gets slower and slower
spatial query in loop gets slower and slower [message #75787] Tue, 30 July 2002 02:40 Go to next message
Rohit Goel
Hi,
I have written a PLSQL procedure that runs spatial queries in a loop. Each query keeps getting slower and slower as number of executions increase. Can someone tell me why it is happening and how I can solve it ?
Thanks
Rohit
Re: spatial query in loop gets slower and slower [message #75788 is a reply to message #75787] Tue, 30 July 2002 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jens Vogelgesang
Can you please send the query. Do you use a primary or a secondary filter, or both??

Send a table escription and the spatail statement to the board.
Re: spatial query in loop gets slower and slower [message #75791 is a reply to message #75788] Tue, 17 September 2002 00:08 Go to previous message
Ashaka Thakore
I referred to message on Oracle Spatial Message board as reply to Mr. Rohit titled "spatial query in loop gets slower and slower". I am also having the same problem as Mr. Rohit. I have indexed a table on geom field but if I execute the queries from other programs, it takes long time and it never executes.

Pl guide me.

Thank you.
Previous Topic: Creating a Spatial Index on LRS data fails
Next Topic: convert geometric segments to LRS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:12:14 CDT 2024