Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » wait event "SQL*Net message from dblink" for a Siebel7 Oracle 9.2.0.4
wait event "SQL*Net message from dblink" for a Siebel7 Oracle 9.2.0.4 [message #65370] Wed, 25 August 2004 22:11
Julia
We used to run Siebel6 on Oracle 8.1.5 with RBO and everything seemed fine. Just a month ago, the Siebel
application upgraded to Siebel77 which requires 9i (9.2.0.4 we use) and CBO.
After the upgrade the business users start complain about the overoll slowness of the new system, particularly some queries (we still don't know what are those yet since the application team has only limited resources and what they only know is the business user's complain and they even don't know which part/function of the system is slow) are very slow. The statistics is always updated regularly. Our System Capacity Planning group varified there is no resource contention in terms of CPU/memory, etc. From the Staspack report, we don't see anything very wrong except the top wait event of "SQL*Net message from dblink". So basically my question is if the "SQL*Net message from dblink" is the major cause of the performance issue? which we really doubt about because we believe this is an IDLE event. But we can't find the entry from state$idle_event table. Also we know not many of our sql statement are using dblinks.

Also i'd like to provide the Statspack report if anyone would kindly like to provide further help.

Thanks much for your help, any comment will be greatly appreciated.

Julia.
Previous Topic: reg parallel processes in oracle
Next Topic: Help me( tuning PL/SQL)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:49:53 CDT 2024