Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Understanding the Information Contained in the Parameter Box
Understanding the Information Contained in the Parameter Box [message #65313] Fri, 30 July 2004 09:56
Sandy Gandy
Researching the server parameter _complete_view_merging I found your site that displayed "8.1.7 Initialization Parameters", when I selected the complex_view_merging parameter it displayed a box of information for various Oracle versions.  I'm trying to understand the meaning of the information displayed and would appreciate any help.

For instance, the Oracle 9.2.0 version shows:

Oracle 9.2.0:

- Paramter Name:
- _complex_view_merging

- Description:
- enable complex view merging

- Type:
- BOOL
- Obsoleted:
- FALSE

- Can ALTER SESSION:
- TRUE
- Can ALTER SYSTEM:
- FALSE -

I'm ok, until I get to Obsoleted:.  According to the 9.2 documentation (Oracle9i Database Migration Release 2 (9.2)) this parameter is obsolete in 9.2; however, the same information is displayed for the Oracle 8.0.6 version, and according to the same documentation above,  it became obsolete with Oracle 8.1.  What is the word "Obsoleted:" in the parameter discription trying to tell me?  Does  "Obsoleted:  False"  mean that it is still a valid parameter?  If it is a valid parameter with 9.2 where can I find the default value of the parameter? 

Again, any assistance would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Sandy
Previous Topic: filter in explain plan
Next Topic: explain plan
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:41:03 CDT 2024