Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Oracle processes causing 100 % CPU usage
Oracle processes causing 100 % CPU usage [message #65130] Thu, 13 May 2004 21:01 Go to next message
prashant
Hi all,

We have installed an oracle database server and an oracle forms server on one machine. If the corresponding windows service for the forms server is stopped and only the database instance is up and running there are no issues, but however the moment we start the forms service and as soon as we try to access one form from the browser, the CPU usage just shoots up 100%. The task monitor shows that the two processes (oracle.exe and ifweb60.exe) are hogging the CPU. We have been using this configuration for around 5 months now and only recently have we witnessed this behaviour. Any help or pointers would be highly appreciated.

TIA

Prashant
Re: Oracle processes causing 100 % CPU usage [message #65132 is a reply to message #65130] Fri, 14 May 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satish Shrikhande
Find out what are the SQL's running on that server .
Check how much time does it take to execute , most of the time if you have huge SQL oracle.exe consumes 100% CPU , telling you by experience .

It's not a good idea to have database and application on same server . You will see this problem quite often , keep the database seperate and do not install any other software
Re: Oracle processes causing 100 % CPU usage [message #65651 is a reply to message #65132] Tue, 23 November 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arun Waingankar
Hi Satish,

I am arun waingankar from GlaxoSmithKline. We are facing same problem. If you have any solutions for above problem then I am interested. Please mail me

Thanks & Regards
Arun Waingankar
Re: Oracle processes causing 100 % CPU usage [message #65901 is a reply to message #65130] Wed, 26 January 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Primoz
Hi,

I suggest you to try download trial version TwistedNail for Oracle (www.twisted-nail.com). You will see the percentage of cpu usage per session.

Best regards,
Primoz
Re: Oracle processes causing 100 % CPU usage [message #169789 is a reply to message #65132] Fri, 28 April 2006 13:38 Go to previous message
dixxee
Please send documentation on why applications and databases should not reside on the same server. Other than the possibility of performance degredation, is there any reason they should remain seperated?

Thank you
Debi
Previous Topic: Oracle tool on performance tuning
Next Topic: Bitmap or Normal Index
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:54:29 CDT 2024