Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » oracle form block fetch no record when using stored procedure (forms, 11g, windows)
oracle form block fetch no record when using stored procedure [message #673757] Sun, 09 December 2018 01:54 Go to next message
cloudmeng
I created a data bock by using stored procedure with ref cursor. The ref cursor is type of a table%rowtype. When I used the data block wizard to create the block, I did not choose all the elements in the ref cursor for the block items creation. Then I could not fetch any record. However, after changing the block to add the rest. It worked out. Is it the rule that we must match all the columns with items when using stored procedure?
Re: oracle form block fetch no record when using stored procedure [message #673774 is a reply to message #673757] Mon, 10 December 2018 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
I've never seen a specific rule for that but it wouldn't surprise me.
Re: oracle form block fetch no record when using stored procedure [message #673787 is a reply to message #673774] Mon, 10 December 2018 05:49 Go to previous message
cloudmeng
It is strange since if it is table based data block. We can filter the columns with what we want in the block. If it is not allowed if we use store procedure, why in the wizard it allows us to choose?
Previous Topic: Place holder in text field like we do in html
Next Topic: Issue while querying for all records - Oracle Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:09:32 CDT 2024