Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » HOw to take print on form with multi block? (Form 6i)
HOw to take print on form with multi block? [message #654489] Wed, 03 August 2016 21:45 Go to next message
usman8990
hey guys first day on Orafaq and new user in oracle i need some help...

Can anyone tell me how can i take print from form??? i have attached my file u can see what is my requirment...

in need the print of tabular block
Re: HOw to take print on form with multi block? [message #654513 is a reply to message #654489] Thu, 04 August 2016 08:08 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If you have problems with calling the report from Forms per se, there are numerous examples here (use the Search) as well as elsewhere on the Internet.

If it is the "print contents of the tabular block" problem, here's one idea: if that block was populated by fetching data from the database (i.e. by executing a query, even with some conditions), the you might create a report which accepts the whole WHERE clause as a parameter. In Oracle Reports, that would be a lexical parameter. Read about it in Reports' Help, but - shortly - it looks like this:
select col1, col2, ...
from some_table
&lex_where
where "&lex_where" represents that lexical parameter.

In a form, you'd need to know that WHERE clause, and you can find it with GET_BLOCK_PROPERTY built-in and its LAST_QUERY property. Then you'd pass it to the report. Note that - if you do that by using GLOBAL variables, they can accept up to 255 characters so you might need to split the WHERE clause into several pieces (using the SUBSTR function), pass them to report, merge them back and - finally - use them (it) as the lexical parameter.

On the other hand, if that's not what you are doing, could you describe it once again, providing some more details?

By the way, I can't test your FMB as I don't have the Forms installation here. Even if I did, I don't have table(s) (as well as other objects you might have used when creating that form) so I can't run it anyway.
Previous Topic: not firing pre-query
Next Topic: sequences not work in form 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 02:54:33 CDT 2024