Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » HDD ID- Oracle Commands (ALL)
HDD ID- Oracle Commands [message #603429] Mon, 16 December 2013 02:49 Go to next message
mericyildirim
Dear All,

I would like to develop a script in Oracle Forms which can read a unique data like Hard Disk Drive ID and store it in Database in order to increase the security level of my Oracle DB. If all database intended to be copied from one Hard Disk Drive to another then program should automatically lock itself as new HDD ID will not match with previous one and doesn't let users to use it anymore.

I would be grateful if you can let me know how can I read HDD ID with Oracle commands to built up a script to protect my DB against an unauthorized copy. I would be happy if you also share with me your different opinions that I can use to protect my DB against to be copied by someone else.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Meriç Yıldırım
Re: HDD ID- Oracle Commands [message #603448 is a reply to message #603429] Mon, 16 December 2013 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
You can handle this job easily by using "HardwareInfo Control" not only Hard-drive serial you can control this also by Proccessor id, Motherboard id, Ram etc etc... but its depends on which form version you are using this peace of code will work for forms6i

first you have to registered "Regsvr32.exe hwinfo.ocx"------i can provide you

place activeX Control Item (OCX) on your canvas.
Right click it and select 'Insert Object'.
select "HardwareInfo Control" PRESS OK

in Form menu "PROGRAM" SELECT "Import OLE Library Interfaces"

select "HardwareInfo.HardWareInfo.ctrl1"

Select both the Method Package, Event Package should be highlighted

and -----WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED-------

DECLARE
    VAR oleobj;
BEGIN
   VAR := :ITEM('BLOCK.ACTIVEX_ITEM').interface;
   :item_name := HARDWAREINFO_DHardWareInfo.HardDisk1SerialNumber(VAR);
END;

if you need FMB file i can provide you.

Regard
Mughal
Re: HDD ID- Oracle Commands [message #603458 is a reply to message #603448] Mon, 16 December 2013 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
Remember this above code is testing purpose when you will control your application then you will have to put this code in WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE--TRIGGER with some code something like this

if :block3.serial_num =('5RA1XTV1')----Your Hard-disk serial number.
   	THEN 
	MESSAGE('ONLY THIS SERIAL NUMBER IS AUTHORIZED');
ELSE
	MESSAGE('UN-AUTHORIZED SERIAL NUMBER');
	MESSAGE('UN-AUTHORIZED SERIAL NUMBER');
END IF;

Regard
Mughal

[Updated on: Mon, 16 December 2013 13:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: HDD ID- Oracle Commands [message #603638 is a reply to message #603458] Wed, 18 December 2013 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mericyildirim
Dear Mughal,

This is excellent help for me. I am using Oracle Forms 6.0.8.27.0 version. I would be grateful if you can send "Regsvr32.exe hwinfo.ocx" files to me. My mail address is londonofme@yahoo.com. I'll try as you recommend it and return back to you asap.

By the way, May I also kindly ask you what about the server & client relationship here. I mean Menu forms will be run in client computers by users where this coding will work but Serial Number will be belong to either Server HDD ID or Server Microprosessor so it will block the client as it will not be able to match client Serials and embedded Server Serials in menu forms. How did you solve this problem in client-server structure ?

I hereby thank you one more time for your valuable time and support.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Meriç Yıldırım
Re: HDD ID- Oracle Commands [message #603647 is a reply to message #603638] Wed, 18 December 2013 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mughals_king
this logic will work where you have installed your application no need to check server once you have define Serial id whether it is HDD-ID or Micro-proccessor ID in your main menu no body will be able to copy your application to any other computer. i am sending you fmb file as well just replace your HD-ID, proccessor id and run. my self is using this logic successfully. if you need proccessor id then replace
this
:item_name := HARDWAREINFO_DHardWareInfo.ProcessorSerialNumber(VAR);

check your EMAIL i have sent you & feel free for any further query.

Regard
Mughal

[Updated on: Wed, 18 December 2013 03:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: HDD ID- Oracle Commands [message #649755 is a reply to message #603638] Tue, 05 April 2016 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gbajaj
can you send me sample fmb and hwinfo.ocx file
Re: HDD ID- Oracle Commands [message #654287 is a reply to message #603647] Fri, 29 July 2016 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muzamilblouch
sir please guide me how can i get hard drive serial number in oracle 6i form.
Re: HDD ID- Oracle Commands [message #654306 is a reply to message #654287] Fri, 29 July 2016 11:24 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Did you try what is above?

Previous Topic: Database Procedure vs Oracle Program Units Procedure vs Library Procedures
Next Topic: Template form in oracle Forms 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:14:56 CDT 2024