Home » Other » Training & Certification » Apps DBA or Technical
icon5.gif  Apps DBA or Technical [message #485261] Tue, 07 December 2010 01:31 Go to next message
srinadh86
Hi I am a new graduate student and planning to start my career in Oracle applications.

I am in dilemma weather to learn Oracle Apps DBA or Oracle Apps Technical.
Can any one please help me which would be better, which has high pay in the market, and everything?

Thanks in advance
Re: Apps DBA or Technical [message #485404 is a reply to message #485261] Tue, 07 December 2010 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mishrahv
Hello,

Good to see your post as it shows that you are conscious about your career.

First I would like to make clear, that "high pay" is not something dependent on whether you make your career as Developer or as DBA or as Functional consultant.

"High Pay" has direct relation with your skills, how expert you are in your field.

Now talking about your dilemma, I believe you have some IT Degree? If yes, then it is good to jump as Developer then to became a Oracle Apps DBA.

For Apps DBA you need to have some experience as Oracle core DBA. DBA Job is very responsible and that too as APPS DBA you are responsible to work as ERP Administrator. Without any prior experience and just training will not give you enough confidence and knowledge to crack interviews and work in live environments.

I would suggest you to start your career as developer and if you feel more interest towards database administration then after couple of years developer experience you can jump as Oracle Core DBA and then Apps DBA.

Good Luck!

Cheers

Hitesh Mishra

Re: Apps DBA or Technical [message #485417 is a reply to message #485404] Tue, 07 December 2010 23:16 Go to previous message
srinadh86
Thank you so much Mr.Mishra I really appreciate for your help
Previous Topic: Online training for Oracle RAC on solaris and linux using SAN and ASM
Next Topic: Oracle 11g RAC volume1 and volume 2 (PDF)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:43:30 CDT 2024