Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Oracle Application Server Staging(BI Discoverer query) (Oracle Application Server 10g, Solaris 10)
Oracle Application Server Staging(BI Discoverer query) [message #430868] Thu, 12 November 2009 12:28
desi_bob02
Hello All,
I am in the process of Staging a Oracle Application server, i am following the following oracle guide:-

download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14099_19/core.1012/b13995/prodtest.htm

I am at step 6 of "Prerequisite Export Steps",i am new to BI Discoverer and Application server and had some doubts which i was hoping some one would please clarify.

Our production servver has Oracle10g(Data Warehouse) and Application Server 10g both running on the same machine, so there are 3 homes, OraHome(Oracle 10g home) , Infrahome and Midhome(AS Homes), the BI discoverer connects to the Oracle 10g and generates reports.

The step 6 states:-
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
For each EUL in the customer database, create a copy using the following command from the production environment:

PRODUCTION_MIDTIER_HOME/bin/eulapi -
connect old_eul_owner/password@database_service_name
-export /tmp/file1.eex -all -log /tmp/exp.log

If you intend to copy data to another customer database in the test environment, use the service name of the test database for database_service_name.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

1) the statement 'use the service name of the test database for database_service_name' confuses me, i have a doubt if this means:-
a) the connect identifier of the my Oracle 10g(Data Warehouse) from were the reports are generated.
b) the connect identifier of my meta data repository
c) as the last line states " use the service name of the test database for database_service_name" how can i connect and export EUL from the produciton system if i give the database_service_name of the new test database

2) Also when i open BI discoverer on production i see a list of reports, when clicked these reports are executed and generate the output, i want to know if all these reports would be exported as well with the above command,
i am doubting this as the command says that the schemas are exported then how do i get all these reports in the new staged development environment.

When i open the BI Discover i see that i have 2 EUL's, the details of one of them reads as follows:-
Connect ToOracleBI Discoverer Connection Key acdd

User Name DW_1 Connection TypePublic

Database OraDW End User Layer DW_1

Locale English

3) I want to know if all the above settings will be replicated into the staged environment after following the document or i would have create them once the BI discovere is installed on the new machine.

Sorry for sounding stupid but i am quite new to AS and Discoverer world and would be really glad if someone could answer these questions as i have to run this query first thing in the morning.

Regards,
Previous Topic: ORACLE SOA SUITE 10G RELEASE 3
Next Topic: how install Oracle Application Server 10g R3: Administration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:45:57 CDT 2024