Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » Why don't we have OWB Experts here (ORAFAQ WarehouseBuilder Seection)
Why don't we have OWB Experts here [message #412995] Mon, 13 July 2009 21:41 Go to next message
ashoka_bl

Hi,

Was wondering why there are less responses in OWB Section, Compared to OTN I believe we have less experts here in OraFaq.
Re: Why don't we have OWB Experts here [message #413014 is a reply to message #412995] Tue, 14 July 2009 00:14 Go to previous message
rleishman
I reckon you're probably right. I think the same is true of ApEx as well.

For reasons I don't understand, OraFAQ attracts mainly DBAs and generalists.

My theory is that any online community with insufficient active population tends to languish. General Oracle(SQL) programmers and DBAs are common enough for OraFAQ to have a thriving community, which in turn attracts more. I suspect there is a critical mass of active contributers which - once reached - ensures a self-sustaining community.

On simple mathematics, there aren't enough OWB developers out there to sustain many different communities, and OTN has the advantage of a closer relationship to Oracle.

If I'm right, maybe we only need one or two more people to reach that critical mass. So get involved: ask questions that you are researching independently and post your own answers when you find them. That will get more people interested and perhaps establish the community.

Ross Leishman
Previous Topic: Deploy to multiple target schemas in the same database
Next Topic: RPE-01011Cannot deploy to target database location because it does not have a compatible version.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:55:21 CDT 2024