Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Performance (10g)
Performance [message #385929] Wed, 11 February 2009 23:24 Go to next message
grpatwari
Hi All,

The database is created normally.In our database daily millions of data is getting loaded into the tables. If I want to retrive the data from tables it is taking lot of time to get the data.

Please suggest me How to improve my database performance.
Re: Performance [message #385931 is a reply to message #385929] Wed, 11 February 2009 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/84315/74940/
which have you tried & what were the results
Re: Performance [message #385971 is a reply to message #385929] Thu, 12 February 2009 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Please suggest me How to improve my database performance.

- Retrieve less data
- Retrieve thme more efficiently
- Buy faster disk
- Buy faster server
- Remove other users
- Truncate the tables
- Don't do it

Regards
Michel
Re: Performance [message #386154 is a reply to message #385971] Thu, 12 February 2009 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
What the other two guys are trying to say is that Oracle Performance Tuning is a HUGE subject on which hundreds of books and millions of words have been written.

You might as well ask: I got married in the normal way; how do I understand my wife?

The answer is that you either need to help yourself (by starting to train yourself in the vast subject of Oracle Performance Tuning - you could start with the link provided above); or you need to hire a professional.

Ross Leishman
Re: Performance [message #386164 is a reply to message #385929] Thu, 12 February 2009 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grpatwari
In our database,I have 35 tables and using only one tablespace with the one datafile. If the data is growing more in one of the table so retrieving data to the table is taking more time. Daily millions of records are inserting.

Which one is correct option to retrieve data fastly from that table?

1) If I want to create one tablespace with the datafile and assigns new tablespace to that table?

2) If I do Hash-Partition, what is the criteria to do Hash-Partition?

Re: Performance [message #386166 is a reply to message #385929] Thu, 12 February 2009 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Which one is correct option to retrieve data fastly from that table?
>1) If I want to create one tablespace with the datafile and assigns new tablespace to that table?
>2) If I do Hash-Partition, what is the criteria to do Hash-Partition?

Why do you believe these are the only 2 solutions?
Since you do not know why SELECT is slow, why are you simply guessing at what you hope to be a solution?

You need to determine where the time is being spent, before you try to formulate a possible solution.
Re: Performance [message #386173 is a reply to message #385929] Fri, 13 February 2009 00:12 Go to previous message
grpatwari
Thank you for your suggestion.

I have production database in other place and I am not able to access the database and not able analyze the database. I have primary key and index on that table also but it is taking more time.

Previous Topic: How to reduce the optimizer cost for the below said query
Next Topic: Inserts to table very slow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 01:07:15 CDT 2024