Home » Other » Marketplace » eComerc/OCP/dba vs programmer etc.
eComerc/OCP/dba vs programmer etc. [message #368845] Tue, 23 November 1999 20:14
Luis
I am interested in getting involved in eBusiness/eCommerce strategy
consulting in the Chicago Seattle, Wisconsin, California, Texas, and or the Florida area. I have a bachelor in ComputerScience and Marketing and have been presently working as a Helpdesk Analyst for four years installing, configuring
hardware/software for a government institution. I'm curious as to which way to go to get involved in being able to get in as a Business analyst/Tech analyst for a consulting firm advising Clients/Corporations to get their internet strategy and business strategy in sync.
The current advice I'm getting is a little confusing. I am being told to
get my ORACLE DBA certification learn html, XML, JavaScript and a little of the MCSE track to I know how to advise clients in terms of back bone and architecture structure. (This advice from someone already working for Anderson consulting with out an MBA and with very little programming experience.)

Others are telling me to get programming skills on the above and not go the network track CNE or MCSE. ( This from a MBA/MS graduate who never even programmed to get to where he is in eCommerce.)

I'm not a strong programmer and would like to stick with the former choice. Networks, Oracle DBA, a little HTML, XML--- which isn't intense programming. I believe that knowing a little in various areas helps to know what everyone is doing and how they all tie in together to create a wining business strategy for a business.
I do intend to get my MBA in a couple of years as well.

What advice can someone give me to clear this up?
Am I on the right path by getting certified in ORACLE (DBA) and eventually get my MCSE and then try to convince a company and or consulting firm what I have in terms of experience and go at it this way.
What I'd like is some help and advice on how I can segue into
the consulting side developing and advising ecommerce strategies
for companies. HELP, need some advice.
Thank You

luis
Previous Topic: POWERFUL 50,000+ At-Home JOBS Database! - IHA Homebased business center
Next Topic: Oracle Forms 3.0 Developer needed in Portland, OR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:37:42 CDT 2024