Home » Other » Training & Certification » Materilized View (Clarification Required) (oracle 9i)
Materilized View (Clarification Required) [message #357966] Fri, 07 November 2008 07:27 Go to next message
kmkan28
Hi,
Materialized views are the snashots of remote database.Can any one Please explain what will happen when the remote DB's Materialized view is dropped?.
Re: Materilized View (Clarification Required) [message #357969 is a reply to message #357966] Fri, 07 November 2008 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It won't exist any more.

I *know* this isn't the answer you are looking for, but - I just didn't understand the question. Materialized view contains data (unlike an "ordinary" view). So, if you drop a table which was used while creating materialized view, nothing will happen (until materialized view gets refreshed).

So, what do you mean by dropping "remote DB's materialized view"? What is a "remote DB's materialized view"? Why do you care about it? How do you access it? Do you access it?

Could you explain it a little bit more?
Re: Materilized View (Clarification Required) [message #357970 is a reply to message #357969] Fri, 07 November 2008 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kmkan28
Hi
Thank you for immediate reply.This is the question asked to me during an interview.I havent created and used any mat.view.

The question is

Materialized views are created using Remote Database's tables or views.If any of the Table or views dropped at the remote server,what will happen when we call the Materialized view from the client side?.

For the above the question only i am looking for answer.

Re: Materilized View (Clarification Required) [message #358017 is a reply to message #357970] Fri, 07 November 2008 14:36 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If that's so, I expect nothing will happen; as previously has been said, a materialized view contains data so - if you don't refresh it, it will work just perfectly, regardless the fact someone has dropped a table in a remote database.
Previous Topic: OCA Exam - Nov. 25?
Next Topic: Oracle Architecture
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:26:14 CDT 2024